Travelling with Children
Children especially get very excited before flying and can’t wait to start the adventure. Parents have to think about all sorts of things when travelling with their little explorers. Even seasoned travellers can end up running out of time when organising their family holiday. That is why we have put together some handy tips so that you can relax before, during and after the flight.
Ensure a relaxing journey before the flight:
- You can reserve seats and order children’s meals directly or up to 24 hours before the flight either online or via the Lufthansa Service Center at +49 69 - 86 799 799.
- Check that all passports are valid. Since 2012 even young children require their own passport.
- Check the entry conditions of the country you are flying to. You might need to apply for a visa in advance.
- Have you thought about travel cancellation insurance?
- Information about luggage allowance can be found here.
- Along with medication, don’t forget to pack your children’s favourite teddy bear, something good to read and a fun game in your hand luggage.
- Check in at your own comfort online under LH.com 23 hours before departure!
- Think about appropriate clothing. Sometimes the weather is different at your destination.
- Use the Family Check-in areas in Frankfurt, Munich and Cairo!
- For more safety you may bring a children’s car seat or a carry cot.
- With Lufthansa you can take your buggy or pushchair all the way to the plane.
- Families are granted priority boarding.
You can find all of this information and your personal checklist here.
Children travelling alone
Every year, Lufthansa employees take care of over 70,000 children flying alone. If your child is going to be flying alone you can book tickets via the Lufthansa Service Center or through your travel agent.
Children travelling alone: all information on the Lufthansa Supervision Service including schedule and cost